Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

24: Hot or Not??






Since 2001 I have watched the show 24. I have grown to love this show, but just like real love, it has it's problems.

24 is currently in it's eighth season. So far, I love this season. I always thought 24 should be a dark show because of Jack's history. They accomplished that well in the first five seasons. The sixth and seventh seasons to me were not up to par.

One thing I find funny about Jack Bauer is that he knows everything. He has not been wrong about any call he has made this season yet. It's like, "Wow, I wish I were this smart." We are human. We are going to make bad decisions in our lives period whether we think they're right or not. I just think that Jack is too smart in this show. Add a bigger twist that we did not see coming like in the first few seasons. Every episode, I always end up predicting what is going to happen. They are clearly running out of ideas and that is common for shows that are around for a while.

Another thing, the side stories in some of the seasons are so stupid it's laughable. If you want a good example, watch season two and you will know exactly what I am talking about. This season is not that bad, but in a way I think they should figure out a way to get rid of the pointless side stories in the future. The show is mainly about Jack, so keep it that way. That's why I watch 24!!! I want to see how Jack's character develops.

Finally, They always kill off my favorite characters. Personally, I am getting tired of Cloe. She should go. They need to stop killing off everyone. It feels like they have so many casting changes. When I go back to watch earlier seasons, I forget that the guy from the All-State commercials used to play the president at one point. I wonder if the cast has a year book for each season because they come and go so much.

I'm not trying to bash this show at all. This is just one of my favorite shows that I would hate to see go away anytime soon. I feel like this show can do better and it is already. This season is way better than the last two and is probably one of my favorites. I want this show to be around a few more years. I don't want it to go away just yet.

1 comment:

  1. I was 10 when 24 first aired, and so I grew up with it. Not the most appropriate show for a kid, but hey, the age boundaries of normal social conduct are gradually decreasing, wouldn't you say?

    I don't think there's a problem with any of the seasons. I do have a slight problem with the irregular cast, and I was such a huge fan of Nina, Edgar, Aaron Pierce, Mike Novick, Tony, Michelle, Wayne, David and Sherry Palmer and Bill Buchanan... it's a shame that only Kiefer has stayed on so long. At least Kim and Chloe are still about, and I'm hanging on to the hope that they can stick around just because having character exits, especially through killing characters off, seems to be the easy way out.

    Michael.
    <a href="http://utubeandishare.blogspot.com/>uTube & iShare</a>

    ReplyDelete

When you submit your comment, I will review it to make sure it is appropriate before it is officially posted for the public to see.